One of the very successful programs offered at the Longview WOC is our Warehouse and Logistics course. In 2009 it started off under a onetime grant from the US Department of Labor to offer training in fields that showed promising growth.
The program is a 7 week college accredited course headquartered in Tacoma through Tacoma Community College and is a distance learning opportunity in Longview and Yakima.
The key skills students are taught in the seven week course are:
- Customer Service- Emphasis is placed on this because of daily relationship with co-workers and the public they would serve.
- Logistics-The class covers all aspect of the Warehouse Industry, equipment
- Hands on training through internships and partner warehouse tour
- Warehouse Safety instruction
- Forklift Certification; pallet jacks; scanners
- Work Readiness-The ability to search (e.g. key words to include when filling out an application, how to answer question(s) about incident in a background report) and how to obtain and keep a job
- Mock Interviews with our partners, this gives a firsthand experience of what to expect in an actual interview (based on employed participant’s feedback)
We are very proud of our graduates and the futures they build with the skills they develop. If you are interested in learning more about this program please feel free to contact us.